Jeffrey W. McCamic
Location: Wheeling, West Virginia
Jeff McCamic is a lifelong resident of the Wheeling area. He has practiced in both West Virginia and Ohio for over 25 years. Jeff’s experience has developed through his close association with bank holding companies such as American Bancorp, Wesbanco, Inc. and regional banks such as Wheeling National Bank and Wesbanco Bank, Inc., where he has acted as general counsel, director, and member of various committees including the Community Reinvestment Act (Chair), Executive Committee, and Merger & Acquisitions. As a result of this experience, Jeff’s practice consists of corporate, finance, collection, real estate, and estate planning and administration. With the recent development of Oil and Gas exploration in the Marcellus Shale, Jeff’s real estate practice has become more concentrated in the area of lease negotiations and litigation. He is also a licensed real estate broker and agent in West Virginia and a licensed real estate agent in Ohio.
Due to his experience in handling Real Estate issues, Jeff teaches classes on Real Estate Law at West Virginia Northern Community College and Belmont Technical College.
At various times Jeff has served on the Executive Committee for the Ohio County Bar Association, most recently in 2009. He has also served on the Board of Governors and the Executive Committee for the West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association.
Jeff has been instrumental in saving the Wheeling Jamboree [http://www.wheelingjamboree.org]. The Wheeling Jamboree, which is second only to the Grand Ole Opry, is the longest running live weekly radio show in America. He acts as President and Treasurer, volunteering weekly to help with the production of the show.
Additionally, Jeff has also been heavily involved in the local business community through the founding of the Wheeling Downtown Business Association, an organization devoted to the re-development of the downtown Wheeling business community.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate including Oil & Gas
- Estate Planning & Administration
- Elder Law
- Corporate Organization & Operations
- West Virginia, 1983
- Ohio, 1983
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- J.D. – 1983
- Washington and Jefferson College, Washington, Pennsylvania
- B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) – 1980
- Major: Business/Accounting
- Wheeling National Bank
- Grisell Funeral Homes
- WesBanco Bank, Inc.
- WesBanco Bank, Inc.
- Banking Law, American Bankers Association
- Real Estate Law, WV Northern Community College & Belmont Tech
Professional Associations and Memberships
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers, Board Member, 1983 – 1996
- American Association for Justice, 1983 – 2000
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Ohio “Save the Dream” Project, 2008 – Present
- West Virginia Real Estate Broker/Agent
- Ohio Real Estate Agent